Cell Applications, Inc. have released six Gastrointestinal (GI) cell types for investigating epithelial cell physiology and associated GI tract diseases to support basic, translational and drug discovery research. A few highlights of our GI epithelial culture system includes;
- Investigation of several disease indications such as GI infection, Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, and Gastric and Colon cancer.
- Epithelial cells derived from different areas of gastrointestinal tract.
- GI epithelial in vitro culture model provides epithelial cell monolayer with a tight junction which is stable for up to a week in culture.
- Our epithelial cell culture system can be efficiently used as an R&D platform for screening and testing potential drug compounds, discovering new gastrointestinal disease modulators to study disease mechanisms.
- Other applications GI model system include functional analysis of intestinal and gastric epithelium, tight junction function, GI disease modeling, and other cell-based validation assays.
- With CAI’s optimized, defined GI culture media, the epithelial cells can be seeded and maintained for as long as 8 days for evaluation of gene expression profiling, drug dosing and metabolism studies.